Monday, November 20, 2006

mexican dog

There is nothing like spending an evening listening to people speak spanish while writing latin that isn't really latin, it's more like the english alphabet trying to pronounce latin. I am waiting for the day when I wake up and can spew spanish without a thought. I am hopeful of this because it sort of happened to me once. I was in a room where two people were speaking spanish for three hours. The next day I said things I didn't understand.

I hear lots of spanish everyday but frankly, my development is disappointing. Learning spanish, I just realized, is a major goal for me as is having a mexican dog. Mexican dogs are awesome, they're really roguish. I think when I own a roguish mexican dog, my life will be complete (not meaning a chihuaha by the way).

Megan Kirkland, who is a better woman than I, has a headache right now and for want of a spanish lullaby is her life made wretched.

4 comments:

Ms.Hey said...

I love this blog. Thank God you're still doing it for people who are far away and wretched from the lack of seeing your lovely every day.

Ms.Hey said...

Hmm... I think I forgot to put in "Lovely face" it sounds a little suggestive and innappropriate otherwise.

What's up? How was Thanksgiving?

Ms.Hey said...

Post?

Laura said...

Time for another charming, updating, newsworthy post from you, my dear friend! How else will I know what is new in your interesting life??